Wednesday, February 21, 2018

249. Nepal Day 16



Wednesday Morning 3 AM.  Actually it's Thursday and 4 AM; I'm awake as usual (never really accommodated to time changes); can't turn on light with roommate asleep and nowhere else to go (the strip motel we're staying in has no lobby to speak of). 

Staring at the ceiling, I'm thinking what am I going to do the next two days until the group packs up and returns to Kathmandu? With no gyn surgery scheduled and just a handful of postop patients for six gynecologists to round on, not much to do.  I know because yesterday there was just one surgery; spent a lot of time wandering the halls.


Well, what about returning to Kathmandu early (where my wife has been hanging out, sampling the Buddhist culture? I'd have to arrange a car to the airport (90+ min away); once there change my flight; then grab a cab from KTM to her hotel.  Everything falls into place, including dropping off an older laptop (that I use for travel and don't really need anymore) to a school that I pass by every morning (these three pics are all from this school with its open air, crowded classrooms).

Problem is that though I try to let people know and say nice goodbyes, I don't actually ask permission and thereby engender some significant ill will.  I have a good time with the extra days in Kathmandu but all things considered, probably should have stayed.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive