Sunday, November 8, 2015

200. Svey Rieng Summary

All told, over five days in Cambodia I saw 27 patients with 11 going to major surgery and 3 having small epidural inclusion cysts removed (superficial cysts arising from blocked skin ducts, leading to accumulation of the secreted material--skin oils) as marble-size cysts. Nothing dangerous--these are not infections or malignancies), but can be annoying and unsightly, so I'm fine removing them.

Many difficulties with poorly trained or simply insufficient staff (often no scrub techs or experienced assistants, so I managed my instruments myself and did the best I could do with inadequate assisting.  And problems with instruments.  And as I mentioned no fellow abdominal surgeons.

All puts a downer on future trips, but I'll let a few more months pass then re-decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive