Monday, February 4, 2013

129. FDA


56 year old Jean considers herself knowledgeable in pharmacologic matters, with 9 daily prescriptions meds and who knows how many supplements. But I had forgotten this when I saw her for her six month follow-up of uterine cancer (an early pick-up, common for this cancer, makes recurrence highly unlikely) so I was unprepared for her response when I noted that the FDA has recently approved a new approach for her overactive bladder.

“The FDA“ she sniffed, “Don’t get me started on the FDA.”  Though curious, I felt duly warned and chose not to pursue this subject, nor did she offer more, and we moved on to another topic: her request for my opinion about green coffee bean extract for weight loss, an item brought to her attention by Dr Oz.

So if any one asks what Dr Oz and I have in common: we both rank above the FDA... at least for Jean.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive