Monday, April 2, 2012

105. San Lucas: Resolution

Locked out of the OR, I instead went to the regional government hospital in Solola, about 1- 2 hours from San Lucas (depending on public or private transportation).  Talked to the second in command and to the head of Gyn, who confirmed their reluctance (even refusal?) to care for postop complications from surgery done at San Lucas.  But then the gyn guy went on to tell me I could bring patients from San Lucas and operate at Solola, provided that I bring my own supplies, and anesthesiologist as well.  Transfusion availability and back-up would be part of the deal.

I figure day one: unpack, visit Solola, lay of the land.
day two: general ob/gyn clinic; interview pre-screened patients
day three and four: gyn surgery at Solola
day five: postop care and minor surgery at San Lucas
day six. final post op care.

I need a sponsoring organization from U.S., help from the San Lucas parish (have already started on this), final go-ahead from Solola once dates are settled on, maybe March 2013?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive